A Little About Us
A Little History
The Northwest Koi and Goldfish Club is based in the Portland Oregon/Vancouver Washington area of the United States of America. The club was founded in 1976 by a few friends who loved their Koi but had no place to go for the information needed in order to learn what their new hobby required. From those early beginnings, we have grown and attracted members from all walks of life and from all parts of the world who are dedicated in pursuing the hobby and education of Koi and Goldfish keeping.
The mission of the club is to promote, create and enlarge the hobby of keeping, breeding, appreciating, and exhibiting Koi and Goldfish. We are also are chartered to pass along information about the above to our membership by engaging in educational and social activities related to our purpose and to acquire and own such property as may be necessary for any or all or the foregoing purposes. Our membership is open to any person that has an interest in Koi and Goldfish and is eligible for membership upon the completion of an application and payment of the yearly dues.
We have affiliations with ZNA, AKCA, and the PNKCA. Come join our club to explore more about Koi!!
Each September, the NWKGC elects a borad of directors to lead us in our pursuit of sharing the joy and love of all things Koi. This years board is
|Jim Nice||Vice President|
|Larry Christensen||ZNA Rep|
|Galen and Janet Eggert||AKCA Reps|
|Larry & Pat Christensen||PNKCA Reps|
|Virginia Hokkanen||Newsletter Editor|
|Linda Mack||Member at Large|
|Member at Large|
|Daren Beck||2019 ZNA NKWKGC Koi Show Chairperson|
A Few of the Things We Do
Following are just a few of the activities that members of The Northwest Koi and Goldfish Club enjoy throughout the course of the year.
- Organizing and hosting one of the premier Koi Shows in the the United States, The ZNA Northwest Koi and Goldfish Club Koi Show.
- Recognizing our members, and koi keepers throughout the United States, for their dedication to the hobby.
- Organizing and Participating in community events and public education.
- Our Annual BBQ
- Our Annual Club Auction
- Our Annual Holiday Party
- Special Purchase Opportunities, such as our Club Koi Raffle
- Club Growout Competitions
- A monthly meeting with other Koi enthusiasts, enjoying food, fun, and koi along with guest speakers and great presentations.
- A monthly newsletter that is full of great information
- A chance to visit other members ponds throughout the Pacific Northwest